Friday, May 20, 2011

10 days off

School officially ended for me on May 10 after taking my Legislation final.  Since then I finished two audiobooks (hey I have a 40 minute commute to and from work).  Both were quite enjoyable.  I finished the Five People You Meet in Heaven.  I liked the story and how the author explained his belief of the afterlife.
I like to believe that we are all interconnected in intangible ways and effect each other through our actions, not matter how routine they may be. 

The second book I finished was Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.  This book was the only way that I would have EVER read Jane Austen, willingly.  Smith wove a zombie plague into one of the English language's greatest works of literature.  I longed for the kitana wielding Elizabeth to slay zombies and on occasion ninjas.  This addition made the book interesting as I loathe banal discussions about society. I felt w/o the zombie addition it would have been like the Real Housewives of Meryton.  I really enjoyed Elizabeth and hope my daughter won't put up w/ anyone's crap either.  I have a feeling she will be as headstrong as both of her parents. 

School starts bright and early on Monday.  This will mark the first time I've taken day classes w/ "daddy's money."  As I will be coming to and from work to attend these classes I look forward to odd analysis my classmates may come up with when dealing w/ martial property.  As for the me, I will attempt to keep my snarky comments to myself. 

When is a door not a door?

When it's a ajar.
ba-dum chink!

dave 

No comments:

Post a Comment