Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The silence is deafening

My family left for Brazil last week for three weeks of cooler weather (it's winter down there).  I have kept busy though, with school during the week, mediation classes last weekend and Drill this weekend.
Having the family gone means the house is REALLY quiet.  Usually the house has my wife watching something, my son watching/playing something, and me finding some place quiet to relax after work.
Now, I have all the silence I can handle and its deafening.  My dogs are no good for conversation.  They hang out at home all day and don't watch much TV or read anything.  The other day we discussed why Jake enjoyed sleeping under the bed and why Stewie likes to sleep on it.  It turns out, Jake likes having the darkness so he can get those extra few minutes before the day starts and Stew likes the comfort.
To-MAY-toes, To-MAH-Toes.
With my family gone it's not much different for me.  I'm still working and schooling like I used to, except now I get to pick what to watch on TV or play as many games of Starcraft 2 that I want.  The solitude is overbearing at times though.

I took a lazy day yesterday, I woke up and, to quote Bruno Mars:  "Today I don't feel like doing anything..." It was what I needed.  I relaxed played Portal 2 attended a meeting for the betterment of school, then had lunch/drinks w my friend Martin.
Besides the drive to and from Fort Worth (hour+ in 100 degree heat, return trip), the day was relaxing.

When I got home I return my couch and power up the PS3, flipped between portal 2 and the mavs, (don't really watch until the 5 min left of the 4th quarter.  Why do they HAVE make it so close?  Incredible game, congrats Mavs, now do it two more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment