Friday, June 10, 2011

What is YOUR Theme Song?

My good friend asked me what's theme song.  I hadn't thought about it for quite a while and I told her the concept of theme song reminded me of Ally McBeal.  (no Ooga-chacka babies here). 
To answer her question my currently them song is "The Lazy Song" by Bruno Mars.

This song inspires me to take a moment for myself and relax. 

I like the idea of theme songs and often times have a soundtrack running through my head.  For the past week it has been Toby Keith's "I wanna talk about me" and "Just the way you are" by Bruno Mars.  Back when I started law school I had "Dear Prudence" - Beatles and Across the Universe Soundtrack versions running in my head.  The Prudence (juris if you mind the pun) kept my grades up, perhaps I should start listening to it again.

Theme songs should inspire us and keep us moving forward on our journey.  Like Rocky's theme did for him.  In my studies I learned about Salsa (music not food).  It's origins came from the Cuban Son as part of the practice of Santeria.  According to what I read the spirits would take over the body and force the person to move.  When you think about this Theme songs possess our bodies and vitalize us with positive energy.  It's music wonderful?  To quote Dan Koffman "not all art hangs on walls." 

What is your theme song?

No comments:

Post a Comment